Halloween is celebrated every year on 31st October. During this, people wear different costumes and sit around bonfires. Initially, people used to ward off the ghosts on this day. But today, this is seen as a festive gathering and eating different kinds of Halloween treats. This day also marked the end of summer and the start of the cold winters.
Some of the very different Halloween treats are –
- Monster mask cookies – First, make a simple cookie out of dough and then carve the shape of a witch, vampire, and mummy.
- Chocolate-dipped ghost candies– Microwave your favorite candies and then add 1 tsp coconut oil to them. Stir the oil on them till they are partially melting. Dip your candies melting candies and place them on the parchment paper. Then using a template, make the ghost faces on it for a spookier vibe.
- Chocolate Spider web Cookies – Make soft chocolate cookies with cream cheese filling and make those webs with those delicious white creams.
- Pumpkin pies –These are the most simple treats for your friends if you don’t know how to make those fancy treats. Make a dough cookie in the shape of a pumpkin. Microwave it and fill it with some cheese, and your pies are ready.
- Pumpkin spice custard – Gather your ingredients for this dish, including canned pumpkin, sugar, evaporated milk, eggs, and espresso powder. These all are combined in a baked-in microwave after baking. Top the custard with whipped cream and cookie crumbles.
- Butternut Squash Soup – Use any pre-cubed squash and freeze for something for some time to defrost, reheat it, and then enjoy eating it.
How to stay healthy during this Halloween-
Staying healthy and maintaining your weight is very important while eating festive treats. Consuming fewer candies will help to reduce your sugar intake. Keep the rest of the candy out of your family’s minds, put it in the freezer or out of sight, or donate it in children’s hospitals.
This benefits your entire family’s health and encourages the children to consider how they can help others. You can also plan Halloween parties with lots of games and avoid high sugar Halloween treats junk foods. Hence there are plenty of ways to avoid the sugar rush and keep yourself fit.